Thursday 26 December 2013

Steppin' Out

It's the season to give. So in the true spirit of these times I have given myself the gift of the adventure package on my new Defender 110. Behold the beauty of the decked-out terrain vehicle, people!. I am ready to take her far away from these cityscapes to where the tall trees grow unhindered by concrete. I want to feel the moss under my feet, in all its greenness, as I climb out of my roof top tent and drop on to the naked ground. The rays of the morning sun break right through making my world glisten with diamonds ready for the picking. I feel like I'm walking on water. Can this be real? Well, it clearly isn't. I don't perform any tricks with water or bread but I'm glad to have a healthy stock of both. You see, I've covered some heavy mudlanes to get here and she has taken all of it in her stride. I do have the winch  - well, it's hidden, so you can't see - but with all the terrain response gadgetry there has been no need whatsoever to resort to old school tugging. I do have some extra gasoline on the roof as you see. I am far away from insanity - geographically speaking - and inspite of a sincere weight loss program she's been through, it's comforting to know I will make it back...
 
Happy Holidays everyone and all the best for the New Year!

Sideview 3

No comments:

Post a Comment