Saturday 30 November 2013

Bad Ass (reprise)

I thought I had to explore the idea of the integrated wheel carrier some more and could not move on to sketching the front until I had done so. So here are three more variations from where I had left.

Sketch G: Very close to Sketch F (see previous post) and I do not know whether this is necessarily an improvement on Sketch F but what has been worked on here is the shape of the wheel carrier which is more round than on F. I actually prefer the octagonal shape of F better than this more rounded version since it looks a lot cleaner. What I would have liked on F - to give it a more rugged character - is for the tire to be exposed at the top. I am starting to get used to the centrally placed number plate. 


G
Sketch I: Still integrated wheel carrier  - more taditional and completely round - but there are changes to the waist line and windows. Sculpturing is more angular and this feels a lot more 'modern' than G. Could work with H's wheel carrier. I don't think the proportions are right. Looks too vertically elongated.
I
Sketch J: Again not too very happy about the porportions but it's cleaning up. The spare tire is exposed at the top and could look good but I have immediate associations with the Pajero that has something similar. So I might just tuck it in all the way. I went for a flush window at the back. To hint at the traditional three-piece window I used indents, which at the time was an interesting idea but as I write this, I feel it is a little silly.

J
All, in all there is movement to a cleaner design but still a long way to go before I am satisfied. I think the ideas will gel more easily once I start drawing ISO views which will require me to think in greater detail about sculpturing the rear end. My drawing skills cannot handle that in this view.

It's time to move to the front. Stay tuned...


No comments:

Post a Comment